I celebrated my birthday a few days back. Out in the field. And if the circumstance is a sign, that means I will be traveling more for years to come. This entry will not be so much about travel (although it will touch some places here and there) but what I resolve to do for the next year. Naks, it is my post New Year resolutions post!
1. Spend more time with family. I haven’t been with them physically for the last months so this day onwards, either I come visit them or they visiting me (at my expense, of course, for mi familia).
2. Meet-ups with long lost amigas. I may not have a big circle of friends but my closely knit katropas are one of a kind. I have the college group, the gizzards, the famous WNG, my MIC family and maybe the Sydneysiders eventually. The outpouring of “I miss you” in their birthday greetings made me realize that I’ve been MIA for so long. Oh my, where have I been?
3. Save more. I am not referring to the grocery chain but actually saving up for the rainy days and some important payments (err, visa payments or plane tickets, perhaps).
4. Lose some inches. For vanity, yes. For no.3, yes since I won’t end up buying new clothes.
5. Eat healthy. I have to say no to soda! And other sweet treats being thrown my way. I know it is bad but I have to think that I got the high sugars so as to stop me devouring another devil’s cake or cheesecake. Okey, maybe the cheesecake and occasional very dark chocolate will do. After the Not to Eats, I will embrace veggies, fruits and white meat all over again.
6. Be financially healthy. I almost started the year right until I started purchasing “magandang pang-travel” stuff by February. Girl, you need to act fast!
7. Read more, Learn more.With new work comes new learnings. Or some sort of a refresher course on ENR economics and financials and green economy. Wish these stuffs were written by Jessica Zafra.
8. Fight stage fright. I’m not into performing arts but I think this is in my job order.
9. Build a new Travel List. I am 3/4 of my 4 places to see before I die. I think I need to come up with another list to keep that feet the neverending itch.
10. Love some more. I love my life. I love myself. I think it is high time to spread the love…but of course, I won’t settle for anything less.
Happy birthday to me!